Tor browser|| best browser for online Privacy and Anonymity
You may ask yourself, why should I start using Tor browser for my online privacy and anonymity? If you care about protection of your information online you should read this.
You may find that if you are asking why to use Tor, the answer is simple. These days on the internet nothing is private, in fact many websites are providing online privacy but is a joke and our private browsing data has been using for business purposes like advertising. We are been tracked by Google, by our government and many of data collectors.
What is Tor browser?
Tor browser is the best powerful anonymous browser is completely free and open-source software built around onion routing. The privacy browser Tor protects you by sending your internet traffic and communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world.
Why should I use Tor browser?
Tor Browser uses the Tor network to protect your privacy and anonymity. Using the Tor network has two main properties:
- Your internet service provider, and anyone watching your connection locally, will not be able to track your internet activity, including the names and addresses of the websites you visit.
- The operators of the websites and services that you use, and anyone watching them, will see a connection coming from the Tor network instead of your real Internet (IP) address, and will not know who you are unless you explicitly identify yourself.
You may also like to know 6 best anonymous browsers
Tor Browser is designed to prevent websites from “fingerprinting” or identifying you based on your browser configuration. By default, Tor Browser does not keep any browsing history. Cookies are only valid for a single session (until Tor Browser is exited or a New Identity is requested).
- BLOCK TRACKERS Tor Browser isolates each website you visit so third-party trackers and ads can’t follow you. Any cookies automatically clear when you’re done browsing. So will your browsing history.
- DEFEND AGAINST SURVEILLANCE Tor Browser prevents someone watching your connection from knowing what websites you visit. All anyone monitoring your browsing habits can see is that you’re using Tor.
- RESIST FINGERPRINTING Tor Browser aims to make all users look the same, making it difficult for you to be fingerprinted based on your browser and device information.
- BROWSE FREELY With Tor Browser, you are free to access sites your home network may have blocked.
How does it work?
Tor is a network of virtual tunnels that allows you to improve your privacy and security on the Internet. Tor works by sending your traffic through three random servers (also known as relays) in the Tor network. The last relay in the circuit (the “exit relay”) then sends the traffic out onto the public Internet.
How to get Tor browser?
The best and simplest way to download Tor Browser is from the official Tor Project website at https://www.torproject.org/download. When you are downloading Tor to his official page your connection to the site will be secured using HTTPS, which makes it much harder for somebody to tamper with.
What if you can’t access it official page?
How to install?
Also, Tor browser is available for:
How to install Tor browser on windows?
Now it is time to install Tor once you have already download Tor browser for windows on Tor official download page. Also, don’t forget that you must verify the file’s signature. When the download is complete, double click the
.exe file. Complete the installation wizard process.
How to install Tor browser on MacOs?
Below we have seen how to install Tor on windows now it’s on MacOs when you have already download Tor browser on MacOs on Tor official download page. Make sure you downloaded the macOS
.dmg file. You must verify the file’s signature. When the download is complete, double click the
.dmg file. Complete the installation wizard process.
How to install Tor browser on GNUX/Linux?
Then when you have already download Tor browser for macOs on Tor official download page. Make sure you downloaded the GNU/Linux
.tar.xz file. You must verify the file’s signature. When the download is complete, extract the archive with the command
tar -xf [TB archive] or by using an archive manager.
You’ll need to tell your GNU/Linux that you want the ability to execute shell scripts from the graphical interface. Navigate to the newly extracted Tor Browser directory. Next right-click on start-tor-browser.desktop, open Properties or Preferences and change the permission to allow executing file as a program. Double-click the icon to start up Tor Browser for the first time. Alternatively, from inside the Tor Browser directory, you can also start from the command line by running: ./start-tor-browser.desktop
How to install tor browser on android?
Go on play store and search for torbrowser you will get it.
If you are in a country where Tor is blocked, you can configure Tor to connect to a bridge during the setup process. Select “Tor is censored in my country.” If Tor is not censored, one of the most common reasons Tor won’t connect is an incorrect system clock. Please make sure it’s set correctly. for more information about tor browser follow it’s official page