How to protect Facebook account from hackers. Best technics
Did you know that most of Facebook account are been hacked by bad guys?
Facebook is a popular free social networking website that allows registered users to create profiles, upload photos, and videos, send messages and keep in touch with friends, family, and colleagues. The site, which is available in 37 different languages, includes public features such as:
- Marketplace: it allows members to post, read and respond to classified ads.
- Groups: it allows members who have common interests to find each other and interact.
- Events: also allows members to publicize an event, invite guests and track who plans to attend.
- Pages: it also, allows members to create and promote a public page built around a specific topic.
- Presence technology – allows members to see which contacts are online and chat.
most Facebook accounts are hacked by bad guys who are looking for some information or just playing with hacking technics without even any profit on it. also, others are hacking Facebook account and appropriate your Facebook page if you are having more likes and followers for their future profit. so if you don’t want to be a future victim of Facebook account hackers, read this till the end.
Although Facebook is more secure there are some technics hackers are using to hack Facebook account like phishing, keylogging, Trojans/backdoors, Sniffing, Social Engineering, and Sessions Hijacking …
I also recommend you to read Technics used by hackers to hacker smartphone, and how to prevent
Facebook Security Features and Tips
Keep Your Account Secure
Then if you want to keep your account secure here are a few things you can do:
Protect your password
- Don’t use your Facebook password anywhere else online, and never share it with other people. Make it secret.
- Your password should be hard to guess, so don’t include your name or common words.
- Try to mix uppercase, lowercase letters, and symbols to prevent brute force.
Also, you have to use a password that will be easy to you to remember but strong as mentioned above.
Never share your login information
- Scammers may create fake websites that look like Facebook and ask you to login with your email and password. Don’t login on untrusted link shared.
- Always check the website’s URL before you enter your login information. When in doubt, type www.facebook.com into your browser to get to Facebook.
- Don’t forward emails from Facebook to other people, since they may have sensitive information about your account.
- Learn more about avoiding phishing.
Log out of Facebook when you are sharing the same computer with someone.
Also it;s recommend to always log out your account if it’s not used on your one phone or pc. sometimes you can be using the friend phone, don’t forget to check if you really log out and delete all your information in that phone or pc.
Don’t accept friend requests from people you don’t know
- Scammers may create fake accounts to friend people.
- Becoming friends with scammers might allow them to spam your timeline, tag you in posts and send you malicious messages.
Keep your browser up to date
Also, you must keep your web browser up to date and remove suspicious applications or browser-add-ons
you may also like How to know if Your smartphone is Tapped or spyed
Never click suspicious links
- This includes links on Facebook (example: on posts) or in emails.
- Keep in mind that Facebook will never ask you for your password in an email.
- If you see a suspicious link on Facebook, you can report it
Use Facebook extra security options
- You can also get alerts about unrecognized logins, and set up two-factor authentication.
- If you’re logged in to Facebook on a computer, you can use Security Checkup to review your security settings.
Note: This feature is currently available to people logged into Facebook on a computer or the latest version of Facebook for Android or Facebook for iOS app.
Note that also Facebook is using HTTPS, Secure browsing : (HTTPS) is a security feature that automatically encrypts your connection to Facebook. This helps protect your account by making it harder for anyone to access your Facebook information without your permission.
In addition, a secure connection is required to connect to Facebook and can’t be turned off.
Congratulation you have reached the end of this post. Hope you have enjoyed it and you are now able to protect yourself against Scammers. If you are having any question or suggestion let us know